Hot Issues in Spousal Support: Help from the Revised User’s Guide to the SSAG
October 14, 2016
The Revised User's Guide to the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines was released by the Department of Justice in April 2016. The "RUG" addresses just about every current issue in the law of spousal support, including some of the hottest issues like:
- Entitlement: compensatory or non-compensatory?
- Determining income, including post-separation income changes
- Location of amount and duration in the SSAG ranges
- Exceptions, including disability cases
- Variation and review, including "material change"
- Re-partnering, retirement, self-sufficiency, and much, much more
Presenter: Professor Rollie Thompson, Q.C., Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
CPD hours: 2 | EPPM hours: 0.5 | Price: $65.00 + GST = $68.25