The New Civil Queen’s Bench Rules – From Principles to Practice
April 13, 2018
A practical, "nuts and bolts" session on the new Civil Queen's Bench Rules.
The Manitoba Queen's Bench Rules have undergone their first major overhaul since the 1980s with changes that emphasize principles such as access, proportionality and expediency.
Moving from principle to practice, our diverse panel will focus on the practical application of the new rules and address questions and challenges that have arisen in the first few months since their implementation.
Topics will include:
- Summary judgment
- Case management
- Judicial involvement in managing cases
- Pre-trial conferences and scheduling trial dates
- Variation and review, including "material change"
- Re-partnering, retirement, self-sufficiency, and much, much more
- Dismissal for Delay rule coming into effect on January 1, 2019
Chair: Bernice Bowley, Fillmore Riley LLP
Chief Justice Glenn Joyal, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench
Associate Chief Justice Shane Perlmutter, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench
Sharon Phillips, Trial Coordinator, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench
Dean Scaletta, Manitoba Public Insurance
CPD hours: 2
EPPM hours: 1
Price: $65.00 + GST = $68.25