Top 10 Things Every Lawyer Should Know - Criminal Law
April 17, 2019
How many times have you been asked a question that falls outside your regular area of practice? Whether it’s your cousin at Thanksgiving dinner who asks something he’s “always wanted to know”, or a client who approaches you with an issue unrelated to their file, because you are the lawyer they assume you will know the answer.
This webinar is focused on frequently asked questions in the area of criminal law. Experienced criminal defense lawyer, Saul Simmonds, will provide the basic information you need to answer these questions and he will point you toward relevant case law and legislation.
While this webinar is designed for practitioners who do not specialize in criminal law, it will also serve as a good refresher for those who do.
Topics will include:
- Impaired driving - What happens if I refuse the breathalyzer or swab (cannabis)?
- Distracted driving - Do I have to hand over my phone to a police officer who says I was texting?
- Privileged communications - Can what I tell my therapist or doctor be disclosed to the police or used against me in court?
- Consent to sexual activity – What constitutes valid consent and what factors can inhibit such consent?
- Do I only get one phone call if I’m arrested?
Presenter: Saul Simmonds, Gindin Wolson Simmonds Roitenberg
CPD hours: 1
EPPM hours: 0
Price: $55.00 + GST = $57.75